Training & Communication
Our consultants translate the organization’s compensation strategy into understandable actions.
What Tandehill Can Do
- Deliver comp101 training to executives, managers and employees to improve compensation program understanding, transparency and effectiveness
- Deliver comprehensive job analysis training, including job evaluation, job design, career pathing and organization design
- Develop jobs architecture, with job family and job level descriptions and transition expectations
- Develop and deliver custom training programs for performance management
- Train and mentor human resource practitioners on technical compensation elements
- Educate Boards of Directors on compensation and making pay decisions
- Develop ‘personal impact maps’ to tie employees to company success
- Design materials to communicate new pay programs
- Design compensation toolkit/resource guides for managers
The Tandehill Difference
We believe good training requires a credible, experienced messenger and good communications requires an understanding of the audience. We are just as comfortable in the union hall as in the boardroom.
Tandehill Can Help If...
- Your employees and new hire candidates demand more transparency on compensation matters.
- Your employees don’t understand their career path options, or differences in titles and pay levels.
- Your human resources department is not comfortable with some elements of compensation (i.e., evaluating jobs, developing base pay structures, creating incentive plans, etc.) and would benefit from in-house training to bring them up to speed.
- Supervisors and managers are not comfortable giving feedback to employees and therefore many performance problems are not effectively addressed.
- The Board of Directors is not well-versed in the area of compensation and feels uncomfortable making pay recommendations in the current environment.
- The organization uses several ways to communicate to employees, but the messages still don’t seem to be heard.
The ability to provide employees with a personal connection to the business can make an enormous difference in how they view their work and approach their daily activities. – Personal Impact Maps: Chart the Course to a Shared Vision. Tandehill, Workspan, 10/03